Real Live CD update and more

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
fatherofseven
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

re: Real Live CD update and more

Post by fatherofseven »

OhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboy... :bounce :D
JaminJim
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by JaminJim »

Maybe a pre-order date can be set up?
Sweet Mother McCree, stir my grits and toss my jambalaya
Mukesh (Mak) Makwana
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Mukesh (Mak) Makwana »

NICE ONE WILLIE I JUST CAN'T WAIT -Mukesh(Mak)Makwana
UFO
Frankster
Frankster

Post by UFO »

:clap
['First post, so if I'm rehashing be easy on me...]

Like most I've been in a veritable drool for this live set - if it sounds anything like the 11-min trailer we starving guitar aficionados are in for a long-overdue feast. In one of Frank's interviews I think he said there was enough material from that show to fill three discs, but no one would pay for a three-CD live release? I can't speak for anyone else, but I think I'd trade my car to get the whole show. Any chance that a secondary, "mega-release" of the entire show will ever be available, like as a no-frills fan-site-only thing like Mr. Fripp has been doing with some Crim shows? "Dear Santa," hahaha. 8^D

This may have been mentioned elsewhere, but I read a statement by Ronnie Montrose that he recorded "Try For Freedom" for the tribute album. He didn't mention who else was going to be on it. I have mixed feelings about this new trend of "tribute" albums, at least in context of tributes for bands and musicians that are living, breathing and playing - it's a little too much like an epitaph for my tastes, and I'd rather hear the real McCoy in any case. But given the dearth of guitar music in the Age of Rap/Grunge, I guess I'm happy to hear any new guitar-oriented release, at least until the trend-setters rediscover, errmm, melody.

That's all for now.

<***>
"In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand." - Ronnie Montrose
Wild Willy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Real Live CD update (August 31, 2004)

Post by Wild Willy »

August 31, 2004

I spoke with Frank moments ago and here is the latest info.

The "Official" release date worldwide is October 19th, 2004 from Justin Time records.

However, the internet release for us is now. We are setting up the credit card service and I will put the link up all over the site once that is completed. The initial payments via credit card "may" be done through PayPal, which to me is the easiest for all of us that have credit cards. They are secure, but you can always double check the URL to make sure it is "https" which means secure. If PayPal is used, you will be paying via PayPal to an email address which will be set up for this. You will receive confirmation of your payment to your email address, which needs to be a valid one. :moon Make sure that your return address is correct because that is where the CD will go.

The actual price has not been set. I would imagine around the $20 US Dollar range plus shipping which should be around $3 to US and Canada , but possibly a little more for International. You will be charged a fair rate because he is not out to gouge anyone on inflated shipping charges. It is easier to set a flat rate than to determine down to the penny how much each recipient is to be charged according to their address. 8)

For those paranoid fans :shock: , we will set up a mailing address to which you can send an "INTERNATIONAL" money order only. No cash and No personal checks. It takes way too long to wait for every check to clear even though no Marino fan would ever write a bad check :hairshocker

All CD's purchased here on the site will also have the opportunity to be personally autographed by Frank Marino. He will only personalize those that ask :?: , so make sure when you make your payment, you include that info, either via the mail with your money order or on the PayPal submission. Do not send an email after you made the payment requesting an autograph. Please do it as stated above. Autographs will consist of your name and his name, not just his name.

Pre-orders are not an option, but the pressing plant is sending copies to Frank as I type, so the order button will appear only after he has them in his hands. He trusts no one! :winky

WW
Last edited by Wild Willy on Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum and Website Administrator
UFO
Frankster
Frankster

Post by UFO »

YEAH! - WOOHOO!!!!!

:headbanger
Gstring
The Big Goof!
The Big Goof!

Post by Gstring »

Thank you Willy..I will be watching for that order button!! :winky :smootch
Holly
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Holly »

YAY!!
JaminJim
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by JaminJim »

Zippity do da, zippity yah :headbanger
Sweet Mother McCree, stir my grits and toss my jambalaya
rick
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by rick »

This is good news, time to let the world know.