Atomic Bitchwax mentions Frank

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
CRR Scribe
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Atomic Bitchwax mentions Frank

Post by CRR Scribe »

Found this quote from Atomic Bitchwax guitarist Ed Mundell, I think this is from the late 90's, found it on the web.

SR: From what I understand, you're influenced by a lot of guitar players that most people today don't know too much about. People like Robin Trower, Rhino of CAPTAIN BEYOND and Frank Marino of MAHOGANY RUSH.

EM: Yeah, Frank Marino. Nobody ever knows who he is, because when he was around he never got any respect. Everybody thought he was biting the Hendrix thing. But what a fantastic player! And a musical mind? Give me a fucking break! This guy was fucking awesome. People just couldn't get over a stupid little press clip about the Hendrix thing.
~Ryan
Wild Willy
Site Admin
Site Admin

re: Atomic Bitchwax mentions Frank

Post by Wild Willy »

Nice one! :clap
Forum and Website Administrator
EmperorIV
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by EmperorIV »

Ed Mundell sadly just quit the Atomic Bitchwax..he is more widely known as the guitar player in Monster Magnet...

Ed is a HUGE Tommy Bolin nut....

If you ever happen to track down one of the Birchwaxes cd's you won't be dissapointed....They were a ferocious riff heavy power trio...

They just reformed with a guitar player by the name of Finn Ryan...he used to be in a band called "Core"

A band which is in the same vein as T.A.B is Firebird...that band features Bill Steer (formely of a band called Carcass)..they are cut from the same mold....Alot of 70's rock guitar influence..they even cover some Trower..

Sorry to ramble, I'm a HUGE Atomic Bitchwax fan..
CRR Scribe
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by CRR Scribe »

I know how you feel Emperor. Their stuff was great, that CD (their 2nd?) with the Bolin cover Crazed Fandango is just insane. There's riffs a plenty all over that disc.
~Ryan
rick
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by rick »

I don't hear the influence of Trower, Rhino or Marino in his playing.....at all. Although three great influences for sure.
CRR Scribe
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: re: Atomic Bitchwax mentions Frank

Post by CRR Scribe »

rick wrote:I don't hear the influence of Trower, Rhino or Marino in his playing.....at all. Although three great influences for sure.

Me neither Rick now that you mention it, but the guy rips nonetheless!! :headbanger
~Ryan
Mukesh (Mak) Makwana
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: Atomic Bitchwax mentions Frank

Post by Mukesh (Mak) Makwana »

CRR Scribe wrote:Found this quote from Atomic Bitchwax guitarist Ed Mundell, I think this is from the late 90's, found it on the web.

SR: From what I understand, you're influenced by a lot of guitar players that most people today don't know too much about. People like Robin Trower, Rhino of CAPTAIN BEYOND and Frank Marino of MAHOGANY RUSH.

EM: Yeah, Frank Marino. Nobody ever knows who he is, because when he was around he never got any respect. Everybody thought he was biting the Hendrix thing. But what a fantastic player! And a musical mind? Give me a fucking break! This guy was fucking awesome. People just couldn't get over a stupid little press clip about the Hendrix thing.
What Great things to say about Frank,words like Respect,Fantastic and Awesome and followed by Hendrix thing-exactly what True Fans would say about Frank
I heard that...Pardon??? :guitarist:
Ayoubfan24
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Ayoubfan24 »

Atomic Bitchwax is a cool band. Try & see them if they come through your town. Mundell is no longer in the band, though the new guy, is cool as well.
Last edited by Ayoubfan24 on Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The early/mid 70's had the best Hard Rock ever, Period!
jnf
Groupie
Groupie

Post by jnf »

I met Ed Mundell when he was with Monster Magnet. They were here in Vancouver recording in the mid ninety's. I had the chance to chow down on a few beers with Ed and what a Marinohead he is. We talked for hours about Franks work etc.

Anyway, he conveyed to me how he was so deeply moved by Frank'a playing and body of work. So there you have it.

L8R
Ayoubfan24
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Ayoubfan24 »

Ed is a great guy. Monster Magnet just got done with their new cd. Should be out this summer. Me & Ed just recorded a tune {"What You're Doing"} for an upcoming Rush 1st album tribute. I think they might call it "Rutsy's Revenge" or something..lol
The early/mid 70's had the best Hard Rock ever, Period!