Alert! Alert! Alert!

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
Frank Marino
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alert! Alert! Alert!

Post by Frank Marino »

Well, it happened again. No sooner had I agreed to do that festival tour and announced it to all of you... Well, now I got a call telling me we're not on it anymore. So, those dates from the 15th to the 25th are OFF.

Go figure. Story of my life. Sorry.
Wild Willy
Site Admin
Site Admin

re: Alert! Alert! Alert!

Post by Wild Willy »

:moon :cry: :x
Forum and Website Administrator
JaminJim
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by JaminJim »

A half hour show would have been to much of a tease, anyway.
Their loss!!
Probably the no talents were scared :hairshocker
Sweet Mother McCree, stir my grits and toss my jambalaya
maddmarty
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by maddmarty »

Sorry everybody, but I have to vent my frustration.

How this is possible is beyond me.

Frank has just released the most exciting live-album in years, perhaps even decades, and all he has as of now is 3 (THREE (!)) dates in the US, and one in Canada.

Meanwhile, lesser talents are running rampant all over the north american continent....

What is wrong with this picture????

I refuse to believe it's due to excessive demands on Frank's part.

The bookers don't know what they are missing.

I know, as a european I could care less about american dates, but this situation is just screaming for an explanation.

Frank, I sincerely hope for you that multiple american dates are in the works, and that you just can't announce them yet. If not, this is just the most unfair thing I've ever seen (well, in the music world at least).

Are you sure you're with the right agency?

Three american dates for a musician of Frank's caliber... It's outrageous!!!!!!!!
smallie
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by smallie »

Well... is this the story of Frank's life? The musician that touches me in the heart!! MaddMarty ain't it time , that we European fans, put our heads together to get things started???

smallie :headbanger
halfaxe
Frankster
Frankster

Post by halfaxe »

Frank, It is most humble of you to say "Sorry" but in my opinion, not necessary. The illogical short-sightedness of some has materialized again. They should be the ones saying sorry. Actually they should be saying "Frank, will you play 30 four hour shows for us this summer?"

Just my thoughts.
:shock:
half
garyd
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by garyd »

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING, FRANK YOU MUST REALLY BE DISPLEASED!
HOPE SOMETHING WORKS OUT FOR YOU SOON..
maddmarty
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: re: Alert! Alert! Alert!

Post by maddmarty »

smallie wrote:Well... is this the story of Frank's life? The musician that touches me in the heart!! MaddMarty ain't it time , that we European fans, put our heads together to get things started???

Yes, but what do you suggest we do? I'm constantly campaigning for Frank's music, when I talk to other music-lovers.

Actually, I'm surprised there's no show in Amsterdam. (I'm not surprised about the absence of a danish show. Denmark is a small, un-funky, musically challenged country!) I would go there for a show any time. I've done it before with other bands.

Cool city, by the way, and no, I don't go there for the coffee-shops.
Haven't done that crap for years and years.
mandrakeroot
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: Alert! Alert! Alert!

Post by mandrakeroot »

Frank Marino wrote:Well, it happened again. No sooner had I agreed to do that festival tour and announced it to all of you... Well, now I got a call telling me we're not on it anymore. So, those dates from the 15th to the 25th are OFF.

Go figure. Story of my life. Sorry.
Unfortunatly history does repeat itself. However we are made of sterner stuff Frank, and of great resolve as you know well.

Management!

Half an hour indeed!
:moon
A J
Mukesh (Mak) Makwana
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: re: Alert! Alert! Alert!

Post by Mukesh (Mak) Makwana »

maddmarty wrote:
smallie wrote:Well... is this the story of Frank's life? The musician that touches me in the heart!! MaddMarty ain't it time , that we European fans, put our heads together to get things started???

Yes, but what do you suggest we do? I'm constantly campaigning for Frank's music, when I talk to other music-lovers.

Actually, I'm surprised there's no show in Amsterdam. (I'm not surprised about the absence of a danish show. Denmark is a small, un-funky, musically challenged country!) I would go there for a show any time. I've done it before with other bands.

Cool city, by the way, and no, I don't go there for the coffee-shops.
Haven't done that crap for years and years.
Marty,hasn't Demark got quite a few Biker Clubs out there and pretty sure they would Frank's Music
I heard that...Pardon??? :guitarist: