Latest news and stuff...

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
shinebox
Roadie
Roadie

re: Latest news and stuff...

Post by shinebox »

Frank-thanks for the update and welcome back.As far as the Quebec show,it almost harkens back to the seventies where it seems like you would be pulled off early just as you were hitting your stride.I guess in a weird way it could be taken as somewhat of a compliment that your sound would be limited because once again,the headliner realized that they would be absolutely rolled by the opener.I saw this at Giants Stadium back in '78 and I'm sure others here have seen that same scenario.Regardless of compromised sound quality, you can rest assured that you picked up a lot of new listeners who undoubtedly had the reaction of "who the hell was that dude/band?!"Honesty,integrity and true soul always rule the day.ZZ Top is a joke and haven't done anything worthwhile in eons.They're the consumate phonies-screw em.

This stalker thing sucks.Who ever this freak is,I hope they're caught and dealt with to the fullest extent.Good luck with this,it must be stressful to say the least to have shit like this on your mind.

Best of luck re-shaping the band and keeping the ball rolling for staying on the road.UDAMAN :headbanger
FrizzleFry
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by FrizzleFry »

Thanks Frank for the detailed update. My heart goes out to you for these bullshit stuff you have to endure to keep going foward with the love of music and what it does for all of us. Have a great time in england you and your bandmates and whoever else is involved deserve it. Got my fingers crossed for a West Coast swing in the near future. Take Care FF
Dregoth
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Dregoth »

Mabye im stupid or just ignorant. But i have never understood the point in having a suport act you "know" are going to blow you of stage, and then treat them like crap after the show. The only thing you are going to hurt, is yourone reputation. One should think a band like zz top would have some control over choosing their suport, or what :?: I just dont get it. :roll:
nvosmeier
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by nvosmeier »

Thanks for the update.

Maybe they wanted you out of there, because they were afrraid that the crowd might want to call you back up after hearing zz top.
shinebox
Roadie
Roadie

Re: re: Latest news and stuff...

Post by shinebox »

[quote=". Maybe they wanted you out of there, because they were afrraid that the crowd might want to call you back up after hearing zz top.[/quote]

I saw ZZ about 4 or 5 years ago and it was tired.At this point,It seems like its just a money thing for them with the actual heart and soul taking a distant back seat.If Frank and the band's playing was half as inspired as it was at BB King's it would make that pretty apparent.
mandrakeroot
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by mandrakeroot »

Thanks for the update Frank.

As usual you manage to rise above the indignation and whatever fate throws at you. You find the strength to move on, which makes you what you are and still remain magninimous to boot.

Looking forward very much to seeing you play in the UK again, with AVI and a B3 (well one out of two ain't bad).
A J
mahoganyheadrush
Frankster
Frankster

Post by mahoganyheadrush »

Thanks for keeping us informed,I hope you find the right bass player
and do more shows,and hopefully come back to California soon.
Keep on tryin anyway~!
JaminJim
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by JaminJim »

I'm not boycotting anything, I'm just broke :mrgreen:
Sweet Mother McCree, stir my grits and toss my jambalaya
mike thompson
Frankster
Frankster

Post by mike thompson »

To bad for all the hassles Frank, as we both know thats the way this buiseness is. I expierenced a security thing like you working with Tim McGraw. He boots everyone out from backstage and has tons of security. This was happening in the 90's, I told his tour manager if my guys couldn't stay on deck incase of a system failure or such my guys were not gonna respond to any system problems. Then they would have to deal with the crowd. After that they issued all my guys All Access Lams for every tour after that since we did so many shows with them. Please don't give up, cause I haven't seen a show yet. I was thinking of the ZZ show (My wife was gonna pay for my trip), I looked at her and said thats not a true Frank show. I want the real deal all 3-4hours worth. Good luck in the UK!!!
jamey
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by jamey »

Frank-

Great to hear from you! Thanks for checking in and giving us the latest news. It's gotta be hard to do when there are so many problems. I'm praying for you to have much perseverance and strength during these tough times. I know I'd be bummin' pretty hard! I hope the rest of your shows go without a hitch. Take comfort, my friend, in God, in your family,
and all your fans, here and around the globe!

Keep on rockin' :!:

:headbanger
"My Life Has Had Its Ups And Downs, The Same As Everyone. But This Time The Ups Ain't Comin' 'Round, And I've Been Waiting So Long"... "In My Ways" by Frank Marino, "World Anthem" LP.