The Picture Drome - Review thread - July 30, 2005

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
Cobb&Alfred
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

re: The Picture Drome - Review thread - July 30, 2005

Post by Cobb&Alfred »

I hope you people realize what these pictures and reviews mean to us unfortunate souls that couldn't go to the shows. I was looking forward to these reviews and pictures all weekend!!! I was not home therefore no computer internet access. Thank you Franksters! And most of all, Thank you Frank!!! :clap
boltonboy
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by boltonboy »

To everyone above you are now a Marino friend forever.

I wish we were there again,it went so fast even though it was nearly 3 and a half hours long.How can an artist do that without a break.And some of the guys at the front Denis and the kids and Parky didn't move all night.They must have these giant bladders .LOL

During "Tales" I was telling the other guys,Frank went into a rhythm,apparently made up on the night,which was really cool.I think he should listen to the soundboard recording,because it should be the basis for the next "Avalon" or "Poppy"

One more thing,Frank spent over an hour talking to the fans,at the end he had to be dragged away almost at about 1 o'clock!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and to the girl on the dancefloor,get your kit off!!!
juggernaut1
Frankster
Frankster

Re: re: The Picture Drome - Review thread - July 30, 2005

Post by juggernaut1 »

It's me! wrote:
Denis wrote: Thanks guys, have you calmed down yet juggernaut1. :headbanger DENIS
Hahaha, that was one of the worst things about not being able to get to the Holmfirth gig, cos as well as missing the music, I missed our boy Keith as well! I'd even got a plastic kagoule to wear, as protection from Keith's dribbling. Past experience of Keith headbanging and dribbling at the same time has taught me to always carry a kagoule when he's around!
What's it worth, not to post *that* photo? Howwwwwwwww many boxes of Ferrero Rochers?
I just felt this little issue needed some clarifiaction.... This lovely lady was the person who first got me introduced to the man himself, while she was organising the Legends of Rock Tour, she got me speaking with Frank while he was driving the tour bus as I was waiting on my flight over to the event.... sooooo needless to say I was a little overwhelmed by the experience and thought if I could handle the phone call I would be able to handle a possible meet & greet and the event itself..... But like Holmfirth I was overwhelmed again and miss Thang was taking lots of pics that night for her website and happen to get a real classic of me after all my jumping about.. sitting like some old guy in an old people's home with this huge dribble of what can only be described as niagra falls coming down the side of my mouth....lol ... and being the kind hearted soul she is!! has never dam well let me live it down... so when I speak with her via email or anything else I am now known as the dribbler and even I have to say that dribble is well worth the slagging I took for it.... anyway K... like I said all bribes will be taken into consideration for that pic never to be seen in public ever evvvvvvvvveeeeeeerrrrrrr again please :smootch .. see I am starting already... and all joking aside I did miss you at Holmfirth but not that dam camera of yours... :shock: imagine this look with the dribble?????? love ya kiddo..
It's me!
Frankster
Frankster

Post by It's me! »

Hahah, guilty as charged.
But pleeeeeeeeeease don't accuse me of organising the LoR tour. I was a mere crew-member!!!!
Say hi to Adele from me - that poor poor woman, I bet she walks around carrying an umbrella all day, just in case you start air-jamming.
PaulH
Groupie
Groupie

Post by PaulH »

Holmfirth was, for me, the concert of a lifetime. I have only seen Frank play twice before, once at Port Vale and once at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh (Legends of Rock) so it seems like I have waited 27 years to see a full length Frank Marino gig. My mate Alan and I drove down from Lanark (near Glasgow), checked into the White Horse Inn in Jackson near Holmfirth which has featured in the BBC TV series Last of the Summer Wine (trivial compared to going to see Frank but another element in an excellent weekend). After a pint or two of local ale - I have to admit English beer is better than that gassy Scottish stuff - we made our way to the Picture Drome. I guessed there were about two hundred in the venue but there could have been more. Anyway there were enough to make it look like a damn good party yet leave room for moving about. While Frank was playing Red House I said to Alan "Look, there's that guy from Edinburgh". Alan gives me a quizzical look then turning to where I'm pointing replies "Oh, THAT guy." Yup it was Keith. I'm soooooo glad Frank played The Answer and Dragonfly, two of my alltime favs, though you say that about quite a few of Frank's tunes I guess. After reading some of the comments about ears still ringing the next day I stayed near the back most of the time (getting sensible in my old age) and just went to the front for the occasional song. That was a completely different experience. At one point I was close to the front when the band were playing Try for Freedom and all I kept thinking was "Wow, I'm here and he's, like, just there and ... wow". Being up close I was amused to see how much the band were enjoying themselves. Especially the young guy (was that Aaron?) who did the backing vocals on Hero. He was loving it. At the end of the show we had some more beer at the bar and brifly chatted to Frank which was an absolute honour. (By the way if Frank reads this and he was wondering what some Scottish guy was prattling on about most people not being prepared to make an effort to listen to music properly then I apologise - I do tend to make sweeping generalisations about subject I know little about, especially after six pints.) We also introduced ourselves to Keith. Good to meet you and hope to see you again. The next day I got back home about 3 in the afternoon. About 5, I took my daughter to hospital, by 11 that night she gave birth to a wee boy. What a weekend.
Lori
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Lori »

CONGRATULATIONS Grandpa PaulH!!! :clap
What a weekend indeed!! :bounce

- Lori
:D
parky
Frankster
Frankster

Post by parky »

hey paulH - grandad. what a weekend indeed.

What a fabulous community of fans this is eh? I do feel so very lucky to have had the chance to get to know you all.

keith, you are a great guy and i hope i get to see that picture one time.....LOL!

Rock on,

Parky

PS - there was no way I was going to the loo while frank was on - even for the drum solo - let the bladder suffer!!!
juggernaut1
Frankster
Frankster

Post by juggernaut1 »

PaulH wrote:Holmfirth was, for me, the concert of a lifetime. I have only seen Frank play twice before, once at Port Vale and once at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh (Legends of Rock) so it seems like I have waited 27 years to see a full length Frank Marino gig. My mate Alan and I drove down from Lanark (near Glasgow), checked into the White Horse Inn in Jackson near Holmfirth which has featured in the BBC TV series Last of the Summer Wine (trivial compared to going to see Frank but another element in an excellent weekend). After a pint or two of local ale - I have to admit English beer is better than that gassy Scottish stuff - we made our way to the Picture Drome. I guessed there were about two hundred in the venue but there could have been more. Anyway there were enough to make it look like a damn good party yet leave room for moving about. While Frank was playing Red House I said to Alan "Look, there's that guy from Edinburgh". Alan gives me a quizzical look then turning to where I'm pointing replies "Oh, THAT guy." Yup it was Keith. I'm soooooo glad Frank played The Answer and Dragonfly, two of my alltime favs, though you say that about quite a few of Frank's tunes I guess. After reading some of the comments about ears still ringing the next day I stayed near the back most of the time (getting sensible in my old age) and just went to the front for the occasional song. That was a completely different experience. At one point I was close to the front when the band were playing Try for Freedom and all I kept thinking was "Wow, I'm here and he's, like, just there and ... wow". Being up close I was amused to see how much the band were enjoying themselves. Especially the young guy (was that Aaron?) who did the backing vocals on Hero. He was loving it. At the end of the show we had some more beer at the bar and brifly chatted to Frank which was an absolute honour. (By the way if Frank reads this and he was wondering what some Scottish guy was prattling on about most people not being prepared to make an effort to listen to music properly then I apologise - I do tend to make sweeping generalisations about subject I know little about, especially after six pints.) We also introduced ourselves to Keith. Good to meet you and hope to see you again. The next day I got back home about 3 in the afternoon. About 5, I took my daughter to hospital, by 11 that night she gave birth to a wee boy. What a weekend.
Hey there Paul first of all Congradulations :clap on being a Grandpa :bounce ...... I am also glad to see my freekin reputation preceeds me??????????? But I was just talking about you today with my work collegues and coudn't believe it when I read your post... it was a great pleasure to see you and Alan again, and I remeber talking with you both, but like your good self I ended up having about Six Pints as well... The band was amazing!! Avi was unbelievable on the violin and Frank was just as I expected he would be and then some!!!! but as I had said before to all the guys I had met that night you couldn,t have wished to be in better company listening to what I have to say was the best ever live show... So again congrats on the new wee one... and again good to see you & Alan again, hope we can do it again some time????

Keith :headbanger
juggernaut1
Frankster
Frankster

Post by juggernaut1 »

parky wrote:hey paulH - grandad. what a weekend indeed.

What a fabulous community of fans this is eh? I do feel so very lucky to have had the chance to get to know you all.

keith, you are a great guy and i hope i get to see that picture one time.....LOL!

Rock on,

Parky

PS - there was no way I was going to the loo while frank was on - even for the drum solo - let the bladder suffer!!!
Parky,

I wouldn't wish that picture on my worst enemy!!!! but maybe if we all get together again, which I really hope we do, I may show it as a party act or something????? but lets just say its not really for daytime viewing?? lol...

Love ya man

Keith :headbanger
parky
Frankster
Frankster

Post by parky »

rock on keith, i too hope we can all meet for another blistering 3 hr plus show!

or any other excuse will do!

does adele have a picture of the mob down the front? - denis, derek, derek, simon (boltonboy), me and you?

fondest wishes to you,

parky