Huddersfield Drome Gig JUly 30th

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
MikeOb
Gate Crasher
Gate Crasher

Huddersfield Drome Gig JUly 30th

Post by MikeOb »

LOCKED thread because there already is one.

WW

The penultimate gig of Frank's UK Tour at one of rock's lesser known venue's, but what character the old cinema hall has ! Basically there is a standing area at the front, with seat's just behind. Whilst not packed, there was a good crowd in to witness one of the all time greats .
On stage just after 8..."Glad to be here.....no, sorry, make that glad to be here after so long" From which we were treated to a near 20 minute plus version of Voodoo Chile and Maybe it's time. The sound was awesome, certainly no distortion anywhere. Plenty of medley's included Crossroads and She's not there, however without doubt, the highlight was a terrific versdion of The Answer and Dragonfly. Perhaps some more shorter older tunes may have been appropriate. However, there was no doubting the excellence of the show, some ace violin work from Avi, and Dave Goode on drums kept it all together, even including a nifty solo. With 1 encore the show ended after just over 3hrs 15 or thereabouts, Frank waving his towel from the balcony to the crowd, his loyal band of UK fans will hope he returns sooner rather than later.
Aslan
Gate Crasher
Gate Crasher

re: Huddersfield Drome Gig JUly 30th

Post by Aslan »

Oooooooooh it was better than that! Must have stunned u! & it's Holmfirth not Huddersfield! Sorry 2 b parochial but I didn't c any statues of Harold Wilson! Haha! Total pleasure 2 c Frank - last time was Hammy Odeon 83. Long, long time 2 wait! 3 of us drove up from Sheffield in the filthy weather & it was worth it. Interesting crowd seemed to include local people just out to see a band daring to venture out into deepest West Yorks. I think Frank gave em all a good time. I doubt I cld hold my hands up in front of me let alone play guitar 4 3 hours like that! Congrats 2 the band 4 lasting alongside that kind of energy. I've recently been thru a life threatenin illness & bein able 2 stand 4 3 hours was a personal triumph.

Brilliant venue - originally used by the Bamforths 2 show their own movies b4 their family business of saucy seaside postcards started! So 2 bits of cultural heritage in 1 go; Frank & Holmfirth!

Frank; thank u v much 4 comin 2 Yorkshire & givin so much; yr passion, good humour & musicianship were deeply appreciated.

& thanks 2 the crowd 4 helpin create the atmosphere - even the guy who knocked my pint over me!

Love u all!
Love, peace & good music & food!