Diary of the U.K. Tour....

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
suecee
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

re: Diary of the U.K. Tour....

Post by suecee »

Like everyone else here, I am eternally grateful for the wonderful reviews, great photos and the positive feedback from all the fans that attended the U.K. gigs. As the saying goes, "it's the next best thing to being there." ( Well, that's at least partially true....wistful sigh here. ) To make all those images complete-Frank's eloquent personal diary of events. Perfect! Now I feel like I have truly shared in everyone's experience! Thank you fellow fans for your perspective of what it is like to witness the magic of Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush...LIVE! Thank you Frank, for your wonderful memories set in images and words.
Next stop...the West Coast?! ( Well, you never know, do you?? )
~SUECEE
jamey
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by jamey »

My thanks as well to Frank, the band, and all our mates across the big water! Great stories, views, perspectives! You guys rock!!

Whatever would we do w/o Franks music in our lives!?!

Speaking of making it come to life, be sure and check out the "Ain't Dead Yet Forum"- Frank and Willy were kind enough to put up some short video clips that I shot in NYC. Be warned, though- It'll leave you wanting more!!

:headbanger :clap :bounce :headbanger
"My Life Has Had Its Ups And Downs, The Same As Everyone. But This Time The Ups Ain't Comin' 'Round, And I've Been Waiting So Long"... "In My Ways" by Frank Marino, "World Anthem" LP.
farmanimal
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by farmanimal »

What can I say....Great band...Great stories....Great fans...Great writing...and what a GREAT WEBSITE.

Welcome home Frank!
juggernaut1
Frankster
Frankster

Re: re: Diary of the U.K. Tour....

Post by juggernaut1 »

parky wrote:keith aka Juggernaut1 -

you should be rewarded with a lifetime's supply of your favourite ale as Frank credits you with giving him the impetus to carry on and have faith in what he was doing when he was here on the legends tour 2002.

all hail keith, the mighty gentle giant from belfast, and his fabulous wife adele who keeps him (somehow!!) on planet earth!!

love to you both, (and the rest of the board too)

parky
Thanks Parky,

for the kind words....But hey man we are all Franksters together and we are equal in our love for his music, and at the end of the day thats what counts... I love the guy and when he plays I focus and just get lost in it... it is my escape from the everyday trials of life....

Thanks again

Keith :headbanger :headbanger :headbanger :headbanger :headbanger

ps.. Adele said hello!
garyd
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by garyd »

thanx for the info Frank, it's good to hear things went well.
hey the band being happy,that's what it's all about,great to hear!!!
hope to see you soon!! :clap
Plastic Man
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Plastic Man »

I only hope and pray this tour never ends because I truly believe the appreciation is peaking and the music is more important now than ever .... God bless Frank and the band . With the strenghth of the music Franks will and the undying love of the fans on this very site I believe Franks genius and vituoso is stronger than ever as well never take it for granted again and as we turn our sons and daughters friends and partners on to what its really supposed to be like....... thank the legend and yourselves for the support for which this well may not exist. We love you Frank and those who travel through time with you . It transcends the very spirit of commradery family beauty peace and the goodness of life itself.
parky
Frankster
Frankster

Post by parky »

keith,

repect to you my man- we do indeed all share the common bond of a love of frank's music, and indeed for music in general as we discovered on the night of the gig....

take care everyone,

parky
Cornwall Steve
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Diary of the U.K. Tour....

Post by Cornwall Steve »

Frank,

brilliant Frank's eye view of tour.

sorry about the blisters, it did remind me of 83 in Hammersmith or was it Birmingham, when you hurt your finger during the sound check, I hope you have recovered from them!

I hope Peter's last minute change of mind will stay with him, and that it's back "On The Road Again".

You didn't mention the Ladstock II T-shirt that I gave you at The Mean Fiddler, so I hope it fit and that you liked it, I was hoping that you would wear it for the Southampton (The Brook) gig, but there you go.

Check with Big Two in a couple of weeks for the rest of the T-shirts for the band and family!

I stopped myself from trying to push in front of everyone at the meet and greets, after not seeing you for 22 years I realise now that it didn't stop anyone else from doing it, so watch out next time!

I did try to see you before the Mean Fiddler gig and was going to come in with Mak, Saran & Saran's sister, but Steve Stanley pointed out it was small & rather crowded, and to wait until they came out to see you.

Alas, the time went quicker than we all expected, and we had to wait until after the gig, which didn't leave long aswe had to leave to catch a train home, we just managed to catch it.

I am keeping in touch with Dale, and trying to get airplay on the Radio stations over here, but I see your dilemma & the difficulties invovled, still I'll "Keep On Tryin'" because I am also "Stuck In My Ways".

So goodbye for now until your next visit.
smallie
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by smallie »

Well well, i just quited my job. The "old boss" didn't give me no time to react on, and visit, a FMMR-tour. I still regret i started there; and missed Frank playing alive in England.
That is more important than just that job. No one can stop me now!!
Just jealous..........i now know you got to follow your heart and Frank's music is right in the centre of it.......

a mad fan from Holland, :headbanger

smallie
johns
Ticket Scalper
Ticket Scalper

Re: Diary of the U.K. Tour....

Post by johns »

Frank Marino wrote:The Netherlands..
That would be so great :clap