OLD tour dates ANNOUNCED! (2005)

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
Buckeye
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: re: NEW tour dates ANNOUNCED! (2005) thread locked

Post by Buckeye »

wookie wrote:I would be willing to pay $75.00 and break my boycott of HOB here in SO. CALIF. Just so I wouldn't have to stand all night. I'm not rich just gettin older! I don't see live shows much anymore but when I do it's reserved seating only for me! Excuse me I have sit down now :)

Wookie
Take your own chair, a wheelchair that is. I bet they would let you wheel right up to the stage and sit and enjoy, just don't stand to applaud.

Your welcome in advance, glad to help
Buckeyes-42
meechigan-39
Robert Johnson
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: re: NEW tour dates ANNOUNCED!

Post by Robert Johnson »

ireggae wrote:Don't forget to stop in Oklahoma on the way there AND on the way back....! i'm tired of missing out...i'm going to travel to the closest venue this time if it kills me....
I 3rd this request. I know I've asked you to come to Monterey CA, And even Ventura Ca in the past Frank. But I'm in Enid Oklahoma now. So if you can make it to Oklahoma City or Tulsa OK, I'll be there right up front cheering you on Brother! Just like I was at the Ventura theatre so many years ago. :)
Lori
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

re: NEW tour dates ANNOUNCED!

Post by Lori »

Is it wrong to be excited already when it's only JUNE?!! :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:headbanger

:rainbow :winky :mrgreen:
Bob Nelson
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Bob Nelson »

Lori wrote:Is it wrong to be excited already when it's only JUNE?!! :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Of course not Lori. Hey wait till you get to see him the HOB, you are going to love it, see ya there.
Lori
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Lori »

argus57 wrote:
Lori wrote:Is it wrong to be excited already when it's only JUNE?!! :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Of course not Lori. Hey wait till you get to see him the HOB, you are going to love it, see ya there.
Hey Bob......I have only been to the HOB once and it was a LONG time ago. I know that this is a MUCH larger venue than Chicago City Limits and it is general admission/standing room only, but I can't help but wonder about what this experience will be like? Just getting an opportunity to see Frank play is amazing and I know I'm gonna love it wherever he plays, but I think I got spoiled by Chicago City Limits and how up close and personal a place that was. Will HOB even let us see Frank after the show?? The tickets already say NO CAMERAS. :( I would love another opportunity to say HI, if I could, but I have a feeling it just won't be like that this time. Am I wrong?

PLEASE don't misunderstand my questions. I am SO EXCITED about the opportunity to get to see Frank play again, and I will be 200% satisfied if I only get to see him play from afar. Just being there will be GREAT! :mrgreen: Heck, can't you tell by the way I'm thinking about it all ALREADY?! :mrgreen: :lol: LOL! I would just like to know a little more about how this place might work. I don't get out that much. :roll: :lol: LOL!

Thanks.
- Lori
:D
Bob Nelson
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Bob Nelson »

Lori wrote:
argus57 wrote: Of course not Lori. Hey wait till you get to see him the HOB, you are going to love it, see ya there.
Hey Bob......I have only been to the HOB once and it was a LONG time ago. I know that this is a MUCH larger venue than Chicago City Limits and it is general admission/standing room only, but I can't help but wonder about what this experience will be like? Just getting an opportunity to see Frank play is amazing and I know I'm gonna love it wherever he plays, but I think I got spoiled by Chicago City Limits and how up close and personal a place that was. Will HOB even let us see Frank after the show?? The tickets already say NO CAMERAS. :( I would love another opportunity to say HI, if I could, but I have a feeling it just won't be like that this time. Am I wrong?

PLEASE don't misunderstand my questions. I am SO EXCITED about the opportunity to get to see Frank play again, and I will be 200% satisfied if I only get to see him play from afar. Just being there will be GREAT! :mrgreen: Heck, can't you tell by the way I'm thinking about it all ALREADY?! :mrgreen: :lol: LOL! I would just like to know a little more about how this place might work. I don't get out that much. :roll: :lol: LOL!

Thanks.
- Lori
Hi Lori,
In answer to your questions , first of all you will be surprised at how close you will be able to get. The stage is higher at the HOB but you can actually lean on it if you get there early, you will be plenty close, Frank might even dedicate Poppy to you again.
Secondly, I would not worry about bringing you camera, I have seen people with camera's everytime I have been there, including both times I saw Frank there. If I was going to bring one I would just be discreet with it.
The first time I saw frank there was on his first tour back, in 2000. We who are regulars here at the website were actually given "after show" passes, which were really cool, they were made out of plastic, they had the moonface on them, and they said Eye of The Storm, they also came with a nice lanyard if we wanted to wear it around out neck. I have Frank's autograph on it , it is one of my cherished keepsakes . So yeah we should be able to say hello after the show.
Plus the best part is that Frank will playing at a great place,the HOB gets the well known bands, Frank belongs here, not at Mr. Kelleys. And even though City Limits was not bad, it ain't the HOB. If you remember they were turning people away at Chicago City Limits. The House of Blues has a much larger capacity.
Hope this helps, I will be seeing you there for sure.
Take care,
Bob
Lori
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Lori »

argus57 wrote:Hi Lori,
In answer to your questions , first of all you will be surprised at how close you will be able to get. The stage is higher at the HOB but you can actually lean on it if you get there early, you will be plenty close, Frank might even dedicate Poppy to you again.
Secondly, I would not worry about bringing you camera, I have seen people with camera's everytime I have been there, including both times I saw Frank there. If I was going to bring one I would just be discreet with it.
The first time I saw frank there was on his first tour back, in 2000. We who are regulars here at the website were actually given "after show" passes, which were really cool, they were made out of plastic, they had the moonface on them, and they said Eye of The Storm, they also came with a nice lanyard if we wanted to wear it around out neck. I have Frank's autograph on it , it is one of my cherished keepsakes . So yeah we should be able to say hello after the show.
Plus the best part is that Frank will playing at a great place,the HOB gets the well known bands, Frank belongs here, not at Mr. Kelleys. And even though City Limits was not bad, it ain't the HOB. If you remember they were turning people away at Chicago City Limits. The House of Blues has a much larger capacity.
Hope this helps, I will be seeing you there for sure.
Take care,
Bob
Thanks Bob! :mrgreen: I really can't wait! I am so excited! I'm going to try my hardest to get up to the front again. :headbanger YEA BABY!!

That "after show" pass sounds really cool and I can see why you would treasure it. I feel the same way about the autographed picture and guitar pick I have. I would never expect Frank to do anything like that again though, nor any type of song dedication. That was a once in a lifetime thing for me (that I STILL think about all the time. :rainbow tee hee). I am just really thankful that he is planning on coming back to this area. :smootch

Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again!!

- Lori
Mukesh (Mak) Makwana
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Mukesh (Mak) Makwana »

i wonder if any of guys know whether Tony Basile is still working at HOB
Rob Bizz
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Rob Bizz »

HI YA ! , Mak Makwana . Tony is a friend of mine .... I do no think he is still at HOB, I'll give him a call soon.., & let Y'all know.
Mukesh (Mak) Makwana
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Mukesh (Mak) Makwana »

Rob Bizz wrote:HI YA ! , Mak Makwana . Tony is a friend of mine .... I do no think he is still at HOB, I'll give him a call soon.., & let Y'all know.
hi Rob, i met Tony when he was touring the UK with Joe Bonamassa, we spoke then he was all round a nice guy and i did go and see Joe Bonamassa's last tour but Tony wasn't on that tour,i did ask Manny who is Joe's Roadie about Tony-Please give him my best wishes and regards, Tony should remember me we spoke about Frank's tour on the last night of the tour at The Loft Club in Barnet, London