Real Live CD update and more

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
Wild Willy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Real Live CD update and more

Post by Wild Willy »

OK, here goes.

I spoke with Frank today and he filled me in on the latest. It appears that some ______ decided the change the cover AFTER Frank approved it! :hairshocker This obviously delays things once again...argh!

The official release date to the public is looking like August, BUT before you get totally disgusted, we will get it here once the new cover is approved again and packaged. This should be soon. I cant post a date, because neither of us know that yet and don't want to string you along...LMAO :shock:

Frank is not the hold up on this thing. He has been done with it for quite awhile now and was awaiting the artwork for approval.

There are 2 other things in the wings that will be announced soon.

The Sony Best of project and The Frank Marino Tribute. I will post that info real soon. Both are confirmed. Also, tour plans are in the works to support the new CD.

I hate posting this, but it is my job. "Calling it your job don't make it right boss" - Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke.

WW :smootch
Last edited by Wild Willy on Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum and Website Administrator
Erik
Frankster
Frankster

re: Real Live CD update and more

Post by Erik »

Are you saying that Sony changed their mind and will release the 3 CD Box Set after all :?: Tell us more,will it be released this year :bounce
OneEyeRed
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by OneEyeRed »

Sweet 3 new disc's coming at us now way to go Frank!!!!
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen- Hebrews 11:1
Wild Willy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Real Live CD update and more

Post by Wild Willy »

Wild Willy wrote:There are 2 other things in the wings that will be announced soon. The Sony Best of project and The Frank Marino Tribute. I will post that info real soon. Both are confirmed.
:winky
Forum and Website Administrator
BEGOOD
Roadie
Roadie

Post by BEGOOD »

I'm gettin excited !!!!!! NOt only is REAL LIVE about to be released, but the tribute Sony box set is a comin! Great news!
Gstring
The Big Goof!
The Big Goof!

Post by Gstring »

Aug. isn't that far away and can't wait to find out who will be on the Tribute CD. :headbanger :smootch
Holly
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Holly »

I agree with G its only a month..and this tribute cd sounds like a wonderful thing!!! Any way we can have a hint of who is doing anything? is this what Montrose was talking about??
Ray Bowen
Frankster
Frankster

Post by Ray Bowen »

Great news...glad to hear it.
Looking forward to seeing Frank on tour.
Ray :clap
Bishop
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Bishop »

Just a slight clarification, it seems that the artwork change was simply done in error. Frank sifted through tons of different photos and options based on each photo before he decided upon what he believed to be the right look.

A wrong photo was eroneously pulled and subsituted for the Frank "preferred" shot.

The Frank approved cover will OBVIOUSLY be the one that is used.

Regards,

GB
EmperorIV
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by EmperorIV »

Maybe our email blitz to Sony paid some dividends in prompting the 3 cd box set release? I know there were a bunch of us that shot off emails to Sony brass, remember?? :headbanger