Frank Marino Tribute CD - "Secondhand Smoke"

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
Wild Willy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Frank Marino Tribute CD - "Secondhand Smoke"

Post by Wild Willy »

Update: Release date was December 8th, 2005. Available NOW at http://www.wildmess.com
===============================================

OK, it's time to let the cat out of the bag, so to speak. There is a Frank Marino Tribute CD in the works. I will tell you what I know...LOL

I am producing this Tribute CD entitled "Secondhand Smoke" and I have been working on this since last August. I started with a dream from scratch, went to a friend of mine and ask him to help finance the project for me. He is not even familiar with Frank Marino, but I am such a good salesman, he bought into it hook, line and sinker!...LOL

Anyways, I personally tracked down many players that list Frank as an influence or admire his playing. I did not just want to get anyone, so this took some time and it is still going on. As you may figure, it is not easy to fit a recording into everyone's schedule, so sometimes weeks turned into months or people were in then out then in again, all due to scheduling.

There will be about 10 tracks on this, but I will not reveal who is all on it until I make the distribution deal, so please DO NOT ASK! Some artists have posted it on their websites for their fans to know what they have been up to, so go search if you must or just wait like everyone else! :hairshocker

I am also collecting quotes from other players who cannot be on it for some reason or another. I have put countless hours into this trying to get the best possible tribute to Frank that I could. Dealing with many individuals in this process has not been an easy task, but I knew that going in.

Frank also knows about this, but please DO NOT ASK HIM ANYTHING regarding it for obvious reasons. He has not been involved in any of the process. The 6 tracks that I have already are absolutely awesome! Each artist was given free reign to do their own version. They were all ask to record and mix the entire track, not just lay a solo over a backing track. So, what you hear is everyone's personal tribute, which I believe makes for a more diverse and better sounding record.

There you have it! I will now keep you all updated as to the process from this point forward. 3 more tracks are on their way in the next few weeks and the final tracks will be soon after that. There should be at least 10 tracks on here, but possibly 12.

Here is the cover artwork that was just completed. Norm Marino and myself are doing the entire artwork. Yes, that is Frank's main 61' SG which he allowed me to use, thanx Frank! Hope you all like it! :clap

==========================================
UPDATE: The website is now up and will be taking orders around the first week of December.

I would take pre-orders, but then of course something would go wrong and it would be delayed. I am putting up the order link as soon as I have the CD's in my possession.

I still have to figure out the shipping cost to Europe etc. Off to the wonderful post office I guess.

http://www.wildmess.com
Last edited by Wild Willy on Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
Forum and Website Administrator
Gstring
The Big Goof!
The Big Goof!

re: Frank Marino Tribute CD

Post by Gstring »

BEAUTIFUL !!!! I love it ! :clap :bounce :smootch :winky
Atreyu
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Atreyu »

Go Willy, Fantastic news. It is true what you have been saying all along. You have spread the news about Frank to more people and you keep going and going with your site and ideas. Willy thanx so much for everything. :headbanger :clap :headbanger :clap :headbanger
halfaxe
Frankster
Frankster

Post by halfaxe »

Willy,

This is awesome news. :lol: Can hardly wait for the release!!! :bounce

Thanks Willy.

half
Holly
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Holly »

Willy...you are truly the King!!! This is totally awesome..and i dont say that often!!!! Can't wait to find out all about it!!!!
Thanks!!!
Holly :smootch
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
Kurt
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Kurt »

All right, Willy. This sounds great. Seems your talents are endless! Times will be good if this sees the light of day.
It's been said many times. I'll say it once more. Willy, thanks loads for all you do.
Don Hamby
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Don Hamby »

:lol: Way to go Willy! I'm sure it will be great.

Don
I hope i get it all figured out before its time to check out!
payf
Roadie
Roadie

Post by payf »

This is a fantastic initiative Willy :clap
I'm sure it will bring Frank's work to new crowds, who in turn might become new Franksters!

Thank you Willy!
Mack
Band Aid
Band Aid

Post by Mack »

So, after all of these rumors, it turns out "or own" Wild Willy started the whole thing! A nice little surprise. for us. Looks great, and the title is cool. Willy, you are definitely to be commended. Hope to see it available soon.
smallie
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by smallie »

Thanx Willy !!!
And i totally agree with you Payf.

smallie :headbanger