Frank Marino Tribute CD - "Secondhand Smoke"

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
wulf
Gate Crasher
Gate Crasher

re: Frank Marino Tribute CD

Post by wulf »

wot a site! i've 'ad to werk on my computer skills just to get involved! a tribute cd will show the world wot an influence frank has 'ad on rock music for decades!!!!! we have known this!!! i was lucky enough to see him in wolves uk on his last trip over. i also feel that frank fans would buy a triple live set! frank power!!!! Stu.:headbanger
mandrakeroot
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by mandrakeroot »

My first post on the new board having found that as I had not logged in for some time, I could not get in! A very welcome piece of news this is indeed. A fitting tribute!

:bounce
A J
carebear
Groupie
Groupie

Post by carebear »

Very cool,to bad stevie Ray is not around I'll bet he would like to get in on this. Bruce from Palmdale. :clap
X-1
Groupie
Groupie

Post by X-1 »

Keep us posted Willy.

Another self confessed marinohead is Frank Hannon from the band Tesla. He does a side project called Kaleidescope and often breaks out some F.M. in that group.
To Soar!
suecee
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by suecee »

This is going off on a very big tangent here. ( Forgive, forgive! ) X-1, since you're from the Sacramento area ( just a guess here...lol ) and you knew this tasty tidbit about Hannon, I'm going to presume that you're also a Tesla fan. What do you think about their newest release? ( I'm lovin' it myself....smiles. ) We're headed out next month to the Shark Tank to see them open up for the Scorps, and we're jazzed about it. We've never seen Tesla live. :headbanger
~SUECEE
ogmonster420
Ticket Scalper
Ticket Scalper

Post by ogmonster420 »

THANKS WILLY!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Big Al in Mtl
Roadie
Roadie

Post by Big Al in Mtl »

Willy, any updates....?
If indeed it is lonely at the top,
Who cares !
It's lonely at the bottom too!
Wild Willy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Wild Willy »

The last track is now being recorded. It will be mastered by the end of the month. The record distribution deal is in the works. When everything is finalized, I will post the details immediately.

Here is the final track listing, not in order. Artists to be named later.

The Answer
Stay With Me
He's Calling
Dragonfly
Poppy
The World Anthem
Try For Freedom
In My Ways
Babylon
It's Begun To Rain

Now, I know every song nor every artist could be included. I had a pretty laid back approach with this project, meaning being flexible on the scheduling since it includes 10 different artists with their own agendas.

I was ripped off by one person and his name is Eric Gales. He took the money and ran. I had a bad feeling about him from the start, but I wanted to use him since he is a good player and a fan of Frank's. He will not go unpunished, I promise you that.

Another side note to this record is that it will be dedicated to the late Shawn Lane. Shawn was a gifted player and was on this project from the start. In speaking with him, he had the upmost respect for Frank Marino and was honored that he was ask by me to be on the record. 9/11 set me back financially on this project and Shawn passed away before recording his track. He will have a nice dedication on this record.

All artists on the final release were a pleasure to deal with and delivered great tracks. I am sure that most Frank Marino fans will love to add this to their collection. This project was not fueled by my desire to cash in, it was born out of the pure love of Frank Marino's music and my knowledge that he is high on a lot of player's lists as one of the greatest musicians around.

WW
Forum and Website Administrator
fatherofseven
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by fatherofseven »

Willy, you are a great human being. I really look forward to this and I hope it gets Frank more exposure.
CRR Scribe
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by CRR Scribe »

Awesome news Willie and it's really a nice touch that you're dedicating the CD to Shawn Lane who was not only a fantastic and truly gifted musician but from what I've heard he was a beautiful human being and if you knew him personally then you are a lucky man indeed. I'm sure his spirit will be felt in the music. I can't wait to hear the fruits of your labor.

Take care,

Ryan