Alert! Alert! Alert!

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
ZoSo
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: re: Alert! Alert! Alert!

Post by ZoSo »

Mukesh (Mak) Makwana wrote:Marty,hasn't Demark got quite a few Biker Clubs out there and pretty sure they would Frank's Music
I didn't know Frank's music is so special to bikers in particular ?

:roll:
Mukesh (Mak) Makwana
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Mukesh (Mak) Makwana »

ZoSo wrote:
Mukesh (Mak) Makwana wrote:Marty,hasn't Demark got quite a few Biker Clubs out there and pretty sure they would Frank's Music
I didn't know Frank's music is so special to bikers in particular ?

:roll:
what i was trying to say most Bikers(well in the UK)tend to listen Rock and Blues and Frank falls in that catergory
I heard that...Pardon??? :guitarist:
Guitard
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

re: Alert! Alert! Alert!

Post by Guitard »

I had no chance to go to a show this summer anyways... as I live in Asia.

But I still find this terribly depressing. I was hoping this was going to lead to bigger and better things. Let's just hope those gigs in New York and Europe stir up some excitement and get a promoter thinking he can make a buck by promoting a Frank show. Unfortunately, in the US especially, that's the only thing that seems to drive the train.

Randy
maddmarty
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by maddmarty »

Mukesh (Mak) Makwana wrote:
maddmarty wrote: Yes, but what do you suggest we do? I'm constantly campaigning for Frank's music, when I talk to other music-lovers.

Actually, I'm surprised there's no show in Amsterdam. (I'm not surprised about the absence of a danish show. Denmark is a small, un-funky, musically challenged country!) I would go there for a show any time. I've done it before with other bands.

Cool city, by the way, and no, I don't go there for the coffee-shops.
Haven't done that crap for years and years.
Marty,hasn't Demark got quite a few Biker Clubs out there and pretty sure they would Frank's Music
There are some, but I don't know if any of them organize events of a magnitude that could support it financially.
Also, from my limited personal experience, they seem to be a pretty conservative bunch. They'd probably love him if he plays SMOKE ON THE WATER, SMOKE ON THE WATER and HIGHWAY TO HELL. Oh, and SMOKE ON THE WATER.
Might be better to ask the "rock"-festivals. There are lots of them. But again, they of course already have full programs. (Same old, sure-to-sell crap again.) The ONLY interesting festival-booking I've seen this year, is JOE BONAMASSA in Haderslev, Denmark in June. On my mother's birthday, of course.
fatherofseven
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by fatherofseven »

What an opportunity! Take you mother! :D
maddmarty
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by maddmarty »

fatherofseven wrote:What an opportunity! Take you mother! :D
I'm seriously considering it.
mike thompson
Frankster
Frankster

Post by mike thompson »

Frank its their loss, it's just a sad situation any way you look at it. All the festivals try to cram so many acts in one day. Hey Maybe some of us Franksters should get together and promote our own shows?
rick
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by rick »

Mad Marty wrote - Meanwhile, lesser talents are running rampant all over the north american continent that's because there are ten million organizations that call themselves booking agents. They'll get you a gig alright, but you can't expect much money and you still have to pay them for getting the gig. These are bands who can all climb into a beat up 1977 honda civic with bald tires, crew and all (they'll sleep in it too) and go out and play (mostly dives) and play to twenty people, sell 3 CD's and spend their savings going to the next one. I shouldn't say "play" music either, how about "create noise". This isn't the same as an established band going out and putting on a "professional" concert/tour. Not at all.
Arctic
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Arctic »

Well said Rick, you hit the nail on the head!
Speaking of "Story of my life" as you've said Frank, when is the movie/documentry coming out based on that quote? Would be a very interesting story indeed.
Sitting next to the man himself...Life is good...