Annapolis Concert Goers... READ THIS.

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
Frank Marino
Site Admin
Site Admin

Annapolis Concert Goers... READ THIS.

Post by Frank Marino »

This just in...

I'm very sorry to announce that, as of this moment, the gig in Annapolis has been cancelled. Actually, it's been tentatively "moved until sometime later in the fall".

This happened due to the Venue not being able to meet one of the band's most important requirements at this time.

This outcome was a surprise to me, and is even more surprising since this gig was sold out. It's pretty rare to hear of a sold out show being cancelled. In fairness, though, they have offered to re-host the show later, with two nights instead of one. Whether or not that actually happens still remains to be seen.

We're all hopeful that it can be re-scheduled, and that the requirements can be met.

Meanwhile, if you're at all interested, there still are a few tickets left for B.B. King's on the 5th, and some for Long Island on the 2nd.

But B.B. King's is going pretty fast.

Once again, sorry about this.
81Custom
Groupie
Groupie

re: Annapolis Concert Goers... READ THIS.

Post by 81Custom »

Frankie... I had 4 tickets... forget NY, noway... nowhow..... see Ya when we see Ya....

Ramshead just notified me.... :cry: :cry:
rarefish
Roadie
Roadie

Post by rarefish »

I was hoping it was just a hoax when I got call from the tavern this afternoon. I'm a little in shock right now. Anyone want to buy a round trip plane ticket from Rochester, NY to the Baltimore/Washington airport??
jsbrown44
Ticket Scalper
Ticket Scalper

Post by jsbrown44 »

Hi Frank,
So, so sorry to hear about the Annapolis cancellation. I live in Annapolis and go there all the time. The venue hosts tons of major acts, Pat Metheny, Sonny Landreth, Johnny Winter, Eric Johnson- lots of great people. We were all really excited to see you in such an intimate setting too.
Please find a way to reschedule and come to play for us. I guaranty an enthusiastic and classy crowd, and we'll all show you how great our town is.
Thanks and hope to see you soon.
Jeff Brown
jsbrown44
Ticket Scalper
Ticket Scalper

Post by jsbrown44 »

Frank-
One question- can you tell us why exactly you had to cancel the Annapolis show? I know Betsy, one of the managers at the Rams Head. I'd like to talk to her if it's something they should have done. Their equipment and sound system are really quite good, so I'm not sure what the problem could have been, but I'd be happy to talk to them if it helps.
Thanks.
Jeff Brown
Plastic Man
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Plastic Man »

Frank Ive sent out a couple of personal messages to people on the site ...again I have at least one for BB Kings for free to the first reply. I can go into the city and clean them out on saturday for you guys from Maryland with your word not to dick me out of the thirty bucks. Carpool! dont missit for a lousy 4-five hour drive on a Sunday. What do you think Frank?
Keith
Ticket Scalper
Ticket Scalper

Post by Keith »

What is the most important requirement on a sold out show?
ZoSo
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: re: Annapolis Concert Goers... READ THIS.

Post by ZoSo »

Keith wrote:What is the most important requirement on a sold out show?
Good air conditioning... :lol:
maddmarty
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by maddmarty »

Maybe they're out of Coca-Cola????

I hope you'll get another date Frank, or at least get the money.
81Custom
Groupie
Groupie

Re: re: Annapolis Concert Goers... READ THIS.

Post by 81Custom »

Keith wrote:What is the most important requirement on a sold out show?
Ramshead said it was Franks decision to cancel for "personal reasons".... that's NOT what Frank said in his post. Something smells funny to me, and forget a 4 hr carpool to NY with anybody...enjoy the show,fellows.....