The Picture Drome - Review thread - July 30, 2005

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
juggernaut1
Frankster
Frankster

re: The Picture Drome - Review thread - July 30, 2005

Post by juggernaut1 »

hey arctic, maybe some day you and i will have those MANY black and tans cos i love the states , and may be we could meet up for those drinks. But for now i am having those GUINNESS, rock on dude :headbanger
Arctic
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: re: The Picture Drome - Review thread - July 30, 2005

Post by Arctic »

juggernaut1 wrote:hey arctic, maybe some day you and i will have those MANY black and tans cos i love the states , and may be we could meet up for those drinks. But for now i am having those GUINNESS, rock on dude :headbanger
That sounds good to me! Allways ready to pound them B&Ts down, and i got the first round :D
Sitting next to the man himself...Life is good...
juggernaut1
Frankster
Frankster

Post by juggernaut1 »

Arctic wrote:
juggernaut1 wrote:hey arctic, maybe some day you and i will have those MANY black and tans cos i love the states , and may be we could meet up for those drinks. But for now i am having those GUINNESS, rock on dude :headbanger
That sounds good to me! Allways ready to pound them B&Ts down, and i got the first round :D
Its all in the good taste of FRANK lol :headbanger :mrgreen: :P
Denis
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Denis »

I aint gonna leave the board arctic

Having said that, i could do with a pint or 3

:headbanger
indy
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by indy »

I Agree What Artic Said About The Pictures Thanx Dudes..... :clap :clap
mandrakeroot
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by mandrakeroot »

A review posted here for info:http:
http://www.riffsonline.co.uk/colofficereview6.html
A J
juggernaut1
Frankster
Frankster

Post by juggernaut1 »

[quote="mandrakeroot"]A review posted here for info:
http://www.riffsonline.co.uk/colofficereview6.html[/quote Good review but one small pointer for me, i went to Holmfirth to hear what FRANK wanted to play , not what we wanted to hear. I know that might sound a bit IRISH , but thats the way i see it, and thank GOD thats the way it was. A die hard FRANK fan forever :headbanger
blahmcduh
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by blahmcduh »

I disagree with a lot of things that reviewer had to say, especially the parts about preferring shorter, more familiar songs with less soloing. The thing that I like most about Frank's music is his ability to improvise for long stretches without repeating himself or "noodling." And, although I think Frank has a great voice, I would rather hear him smoking on the axe for 20 minutes than singing! I was recently at the Gibson factory in Memphis and saw this sign - I don't remember it word for word but essentially it said, "Vocals are the boring parts of songs between the guitar solos!" I pretty much agree! :headbanger :headbanger :clap :clap
boltonboy
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by boltonboy »

But cut down on the Hendrix and resurrect some classic Marino tracks for improvisation.That's my idea!!

Oh yessssssssss indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddyy
gibsonsg
Roadie
Roadie

Post by gibsonsg »

Good review but one small pointer for me, i went to Holmfirth to hear what FRANK wanted to play , not what we wanted to hear. I know that might sound a bit IRISH , but thats the way i see it, and thank GOD thats the way it was. A die hard FRANK fan forever
For the sake of argument, suppose Frank felt like playing 3 hours of nothing but country music covers - would you still be happy? Or would it be what you expected? Just because the other reviewer would've liked to have heard more songs with shorter solos, is he any less of a 'die hard FRANK fan'?

I have never personally gone to ANY concert to hear what that particular artist wanted play - but rather, what I want to hear. I don't expect to hear everything that I want, but I'll probably hear the majority of it. That comment makes it sound like the artist should totally disregard his/her fans - and let's face it - those are the people that are buying the tickets and cd's.

Frank has a multitude of great songs from his studio albums that he could perform live, but doesn't. I'd be willing to bet that if he did, he'd probably sell more records. Maybe this is not important to him - but I doubt it. I know his sales are important to me because if they don't sell - there won't be many more coming out and that would be OUR loss. I would also think that he likes most of the songs that he records for the studio albums, so to play more of them shouldn't be something that he wouldn't want to do.

Anyway, that's my two cents and I am a little IRISH. :D