Home Again...

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
ZoSo
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: re: Home Again...

Post by ZoSo »

JaminJim wrote:Hey Frank, I can play the intro to Barney Miller on bass. Will that work?
Hmm, I think your R&R attitude could compensate alot... 8)
Bob Nelson
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

re: Home Again...

Post by Bob Nelson »

I just wanted to tell you what a great time I had seeing you on this tour Frank. I saw both of your Chicagoland shows and they were outstanding to say the least.
I have seen you so many times over the years and this time around ranks as the very best shows ever. The energy level was truly amazing, besides the musicianship exhibited by you and the band.
What a great addition Avi is, his violin playing adds so much to the Mahogany Rush experience. Dave is a fantastic drummer, way better than that kid was. Josh could play but Dave is in another league. He just put so much effort out each night.
Now to Peter, what a loss it will be if he does not come back. He is such a perfect fit with you, he seems to know where you are going all the time. He is such a gifted bass player, really one of the best I have ever seen. I really hope that he does change his mind. Sure you will find another bass player but I don't see how you will find another who knows your musical direction the way that Peter does. And he is also one hell of a nice guy to boot. If you read this Peter I hope you know that we are your fans too.
This is great that you are working on cutting the video up for a DVD, Frank. I know you will have so much great footage from this tour, I saw the camera man at both of the shows I was at. He was shooting the crowd as well as you guys up on stage. I can't wait for the DVD.
Thanks again Frank, you and the band were awesome as usual.
OneEyeRed
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by OneEyeRed »

Good to hear you made it home safe Frank. As always you blew Detroit up and again as always it seems you just get warmed up after a 3 hour set, forever my guitar hero you will be! I have seen so many shows in all many years I cannot even count them and no one has the raw intensity that you do and you always re-inspire my heart for my love and passion of guitar and music.
I am sad to hear your losing Pete he has been a awesome addition and what a great guy. Me and jeff were able to speak to him briefly before the Detroit show and he's a great guy. Avi is a phenomenal addition and Avi, I swear you are the new age jean Luc Ponty! MAn you are one amazing player and me, the wife and everyone else in the magic bag it seemed really enjoyed your dueling and playing.
It was my wife's first Mahogany Rush show and she was pretty speechless when we left. I told her your audio tracks do not do you justice that she just had to see you live and she's a true believer now :lol: Once again thanks for another awesome show Frank.

Eric
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen- Hebrews 11:1
juggernaut1
Frankster
Frankster

Post by juggernaut1 »

Hi Frank, soooo glad your back safe and sound. As for a BASS guitarist, what about JAMES LOMENZO , this guy and mahogany rush would ROCK? :clap :headbanger
When the music is good life is good..........

So with Frank...life is always good.......
gretschpaistejimbo
Frankster
Frankster

Post by gretschpaistejimbo »

Welcome back, Frank. You made a lot of people happy on your tour. Hope I get a chance to see you next time around!
Served with pickle and chips.
Ze Finnish Line
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Ze Finnish Line »

I wonder if Zakk Wylde would be interested in playing bass guitar... :lol:
ivan
Frankster
Frankster

Post by ivan »

Hi Frank,

Welcome back!! I hope "cutting a video" means what
I've been reading from the other Franksters because
its overdue, (we've waited too long). If a DVD is to
be released, let me take this opportunity to wish
you great success in this endeavor and I hope it will
attract many many potential Franksters. Let the world
see what a REAL live performance is all about!!

Best wishes to you and your family!!
thosewhoknow
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by thosewhoknow »

Glad you had a great time and are back home safe.We love you Frank-come back soon.And by the way-just saw the "Rockin Blues Review" with John Mayall,Robben Ford and Eric Bibb.Combined total concert time= 2 hours and 25 minutes.Mayall is the only one who gets a break here-hes 72 I believe! The other two need to take some vitamins and give the fans more for there money! Look forward to the video if there is going to be one!
Plastic Man
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Plastic Man »

Thanx Frank the second BBKings show was fantastic and a seat stageside made it all the better we were all amazed by a show that was indescribable and artistically and spiritually moving a testament to what Ive always considered the greatest show on earth besides just being the greatest guitarist who ever lived.
rick
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by rick »

See if Ray Manzerek's left hand is available to play bass.