Frank tribute cd mention on blabbermouth

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
bridgeofsighs
Frankster
Frankster

Frank tribute cd mention on blabbermouth

Post by bridgeofsighs »

from blabbermouth.net :headbanger

Former DOKKEN Members To Appear On FRANK MARINO AND MAHOGANY RUSH Tribute CD - Aug. 10, 2004

Former DOKKEN bandmates Jeff Pilson (bass) and George Lynch (guitar) have teamed up to record a cover of FRANK MARINO AND MAHOGANY RUSH's "In My Ways" for an upcoming tribute album. No further details are currently available.

In other news, Pilson has commented on the brand-new DOKKEN CD, "Hell to Pay". In a posting on his web site, he wrote, "I must say that I heard the tail end of a new DOKKEN song on satellite radio the other day, and thought it sounded fabulous. I believe it was the song 'Escape' — and I really liked the chorus. I had heard the snippet before, but hearing the chorus on the radio — I really liked it. So I think it’s time we get the word out about all the new music coming from these camps — time to be heard!"
stick
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

re: Frank tribute cd mention on blabbermouth

Post by stick »

Although I am not Dokken fan or a George Lynch fan I did hear two songs off his soon to be released cd, I think they might be all covers. They did a interview on the radio with him last sunday night, and they played ..Dancing Madly Backwards- Captain Beyond
Stormbringer- Deep Purple.
And Bridge of Sighs- Trower.. is also on it .They mentioned some other songs that were on it but I can't remember what they were. He also has a DVD coming out soon.
I have listened to some of the new Dokken cd " Hell To Pay" .

stick
stick
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by stick »

Ooops, that cd is already out..my mistake.."Furious George"
suecee
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by suecee »

On the subject of "Furious George", we just bought that disc last week- and it is actually pretty darn good. Kelly Keeling does vocals on this Cd (he was on Michael Schenker's album "Unforgiven".) George Lynch does a fine job on each of the tracks, with the stand outs being "All Along the Watchtower", "I Aint' Superstitious", "Bridge of Sighs" and "Precious and Grace". He also does "Space Station #5", "Sins a Good Man's Brother", "Dancing Madly Backwards", "Stormbringer", "I Want You (She's So Heavy"), "Blood of the Sun", and "You Shook Me", and "One Way Or Another". There have been alot of tribute albums released as of late, but the one we are all chomping at the bit to hear is...well, almost here! lol
~SUECEE
JaminJim
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: re: Frank tribute cd mention on blabbermouth

Post by JaminJim »

suecee wrote:On the subject of "Furious George", we just bought that disc last week- and it is actually pretty darn good. Kelly Keeling does vocals on this Cd (he was on Michael Schenker's album "Unforgiven".) George Lynch does a fine job on each of the tracks, with the stand outs being "All Along the Watchtower", "I Aint' Superstitious", "Bridge of Sighs" and "Precious and Grace". He also does "Space Station #5", "Sins a Good Man's Brother", "Dancing Madly Backwards", "Stormbringer", "I Want You (She's So Heavy"), "Blood of the Sun", and "You Shook Me", and "One Way Or Another". There have been alot of tribute albums released as of late, but the one we are all chomping at the bit to hear is...well, almost here! lol
I'll have to check this out, further :clap
Word of mouth advertising, is there anything better? :headbanger
Sweet Mother McCree, stir my grits and toss my jambalaya
Plastic Man
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Plastic Man »

Since Im the alltime greatest threadkiller. I would like to revive this post by saying George Lynch kicks ass. Furious George is an excellent album.
suecee
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by suecee »

It's just too bad that Don Dokken and George can't make up long enough to produce another gem for us....sigh. :cry: ( But I'll take another Lynch Mob Cd if he's in the mood for it!! LOL )
~SUECEE
It's me!
Frankster
Frankster

Post by It's me! »

Hey, I get a credit on the Furious George sleevenotes. I think it's cos I interviewed Gunter Nezhoda, the bassplayer on the album. http://www.strangers-in-the-night.com/gunter.htm
Sorry, but you know what I'm like. I never miss a chance to shove myself in anyone's face.
(Oh yeh, and I get a credit on the last two Dokken cds too)
Thangggggyouverrrrymutch!
JohnnyGuitar
Frankster
Frankster

Re: Frank tribute cd mention on blabbermouth

Post by JohnnyGuitar »

bridgeofsighs wrote:from blabbermouth.net :headbanger

Former DOKKEN Members To Appear On FRANK MARINO AND MAHOGANY RUSH Tribute CD - Aug. 10, 2004

Former DOKKEN bandmates Jeff Pilson (bass) and George Lynch (guitar) have teamed up to record a cover of FRANK MARINO AND MAHOGANY RUSH's "In My Ways" for an upcoming tribute album. No further details are currently available.

In other news, Pilson has commented on the brand-new DOKKEN CD, "Hell to Pay". In a posting on his web site, he wrote, "I must say that I heard the tail end of a new DOKKEN song on satellite radio the other day, and thought it sounded fabulous. I believe it was the song 'Escape' — and I really liked the chorus. I had heard the snippet before, but hearing the chorus on the radio — I really liked it. So I think it’s time we get the word out about all the new music coming from these camps — time to be heard!"
Oh, this is SWEET...Frank and George are both friends of mine. I love it! This reminds me, I gotta call Lynch and invite him to my wedding!

Peace,

Johnny
"Get your facts straight first, then you can distort them any way you please"
- Mark Twain