Upcoming touring (2006)

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
fatherofseven
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: re: Upcoming touring

Post by fatherofseven »

It's me! wrote:
fatherofseven wrote:I'd give up guitar for a gig. But the kids would be rough to tour with....
Hey Frank, I'm guessing FatherofSeven means his kids not yours!
Yours are a dream to work with. Far better behaved on the road than many of the grown-ups!
Uh..yeah I meant mine. And was joking cuz ya know, I am not good enuff. But my kids are will behaved; there's just a lot of em to keep track of and having them wear leashes might get me arrested.
moondog9
Band Aid
Band Aid

re: Upcoming touring

Post by moondog9 »

Great News Frank! I wish you the best & look forward to seeing you the next time you hit The Windy City.

Take good care...
mOOndog
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace" ~ Jimi Hendrix
Wild Willy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Wild Willy »

Soupy94 wrote:Willy:

Frank mentioned you've heard some of his "pop" tunes -- what are your thoughts?

Soupy94
They are great! Pop tunes by definition (to me) are songs that have a "familiar" melody and one that you find yourself humming to as well as saying, man that sounds like I have heard it before. This does not mean that they are stolen melodies, it means that the "formula" for creating pop tunes is prevailent here.

Frank is somewhat hesitant about these because someone will say that he has gone "soft" or "lost his edge". He can release them under some pseudonym like Frank Borino, Mahogany Rust, Will Crye and the Pusstones, Pearl E. Gates, Michael Boltenforthedoor, Elton Johnson, Lynyrd Wympyrd, Sparrowsmith, Def Leotard, Motley Crooner, Pink Sabbath, Blue Oyster Colt, Celine Peon, Bachman Turner Ovarie and many more to come!

WW
Forum and Website Administrator
Gus
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

re: Upcoming touring

Post by Gus »

Yeah, Motley Crooner and Pink Sabbath are destroying....lolololol :P
Ze Finnish Line
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Ze Finnish Line »

Wild Willy wrote:Frank is somewhat hesitant about these because someone will say that he has gone "soft" or "lost his edge".
Some people will say that anyway after Frank releases that blues album. But who cares if the album is good.

Most of my favorite bands/artists are musicians, who are not prisoners of just one certain genre. What pleases me the most, is when musician is capable to show that he/she can master any genre. That's true virtuosity in my opinion.
mandrakeroot
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

re: Upcoming touring (2006)

Post by mandrakeroot »

It's good to hear Frank has pop out of his system :lol: I can't imagine a rockin' version of Bananarama's "it aint what you do it's the way that you do it". Come on Frank, give us a sample, please......................

Personally I don't give a damn what you call you it, just let me at it :headbanger (Willy, need to change the headbanger emoticon to a clean cut dude in a sharp suit, swaying and waving his arms rythmicly http://www.fancydresscostumeshop.com/im ... l/2665.jpg :winky )
A J
ivan
Frankster
Frankster

Post by ivan »

Hi Frank,

I'm happy to hear all this wonderful stuff and want
to wish you the great success that you rightfully
deserve. I really hope things go your way this time
around, and, may your name be a household word.
I'm a little disappointed and bewildered why you
don't want to release any of your "pop" tunes. Music
is just that, as long as it sounds good, who cares
how its classified. Why let someone else reap the
benefits off your talent. I thought this was
something you have always opposed. How different
is this from your prior experiences with Columbia?
Don't worry, you're not selling out, releasing some
number one singles will just demonstrate another
dimension of your great talent.

May the force be with you, God bless.
NOTSO
Band Member
Band Member

Post by NOTSO »

Willy,you forgot "ZZ FLOP"
Quitters never win.....
ejo3rd
Ticket Scalper
Ticket Scalper

Post by ejo3rd »

Glad to hear you're touring again! Any chance of a visit to Southern California? Last time I saw you was at The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano too long ago.......
basshead559
Band Aid
Band Aid

Post by basshead559 »

personally, I would like to hear any music that came from the head nad heart of Frank Marino. THe classifications of music today are so far off anyway, who cares if it's classifed pop or rock or blues, it's music. If it's good, it should be something to be embraced not embarrased by. I would love to hear Frank do something different. My favorite thing about him would have to be his versitality. I think this would just demonstrate it even more. He can do anything.