Upcoming touring (2006)

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
TrumpetsandViolins
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

re: Upcoming touring (2006)

Post by TrumpetsandViolins »

OK guys and gals, it's time to do your part. Below is an e-mail I sent to The Granada Theater in Dallas - management@granadatheater.com and the response from them. Willy suggest a phone interview with Frank before the show as well as radio play. Seems Granada is hell bent on doing what they can to make it one helluva evening. By the way, I lived in Dallas some 20 years and have been to the Granada many times; it is a fantastic venue - used to be a movie theater back in the day and is converted to a state of the art concert venue. It would be a fantastic place to film a DVD!! :D Here's the transcript. Feel free to e-mail Peter with any and all suggestions. I'm suggesting what Willy suggested as well as getting the word to the many music stores in the Dallas area as a lot of Frank Marino 'fans' are musicians as well. I feel if we bombard these folks with suggestions they may actually support the show. Any way read the following dialogue and respond! Let's do it folks, been way too long since Frank's been down south.

To: "Stephen Thornton" <stephen_thornton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: RE: Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:01:57 -0500

Stephen,

Thanks for the good words. We will be running ads in all of the Dallas papers. Any other ideas on how to reach the Frank Marino fan base?

Peter at Granada

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Thornton [mailto:stephen_thornton@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:05 PM
To: management@granadatheater.com
Subject: Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush

Hello. My name is Stephen Thornton from Austin. Just learned Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush are scheduled in October. This is great news. Several folks from Austin and I will be there. This e-mail is a request for a proactive marketing campaign on your part for this show. Frank Marino is one of if not the most dynamic guitar virtuosos alive. People know about Frank, and they will be there IF they know about it.
Advertise the show and it will sell out - guaranteed. Thank you for your consideration.
"A dream is the basic weave in the fabric of any reality." - Frank Marino
Midas
Ticket Scalper
Ticket Scalper

Post by Midas »

Here's another request to get something going in So. Cal. Maybe the Coach House or The Galaxy Theater. Whatever. I last saw you in Tempe Arizona around 1982 for the Juggernaught tour at a club then called "Cowboys". I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Here's hoping that I can see you again. Just get to within 500 miles of Orange County and I'll be there.
basshead559
Band Aid
Band Aid

Post by basshead559 »

A couple venues that would be great for frank would be the Warners theater in Fresno or the Tower theater in Fresno. I've seen some really good concerts in those venues.
indy
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by indy »

i just hope frank can get close lou.ky or indy or cincy i got my fingers :roll:
RockUFOrever
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Re: re: Upcoming touring (2006)

Post by RockUFOrever »

Frank has not played here in Dallas since like 92 if I remember right and I freaking can't wait for this show at the Granada.
:clap

Thanks to who ever made this show happen.

Oh and I know someone at the once decent Bone Classic Rock station in Dallas has the Juggernaut CD because I sent it to them trying to get them to play anything off of it.Never happened though.So somebody is enjoying some Frank that use to work at the Bone.Hope they are getting some 4th degree burns.

Russ

TrumpetsandViolins wrote:OK guys and gals, it's time to do your part. Below is an e-mail I sent to The Granada Theater in Dallas - management@granadatheater.com and the response from them. Willy suggest a phone interview with Frank before the show as well as radio play. Seems Granada is hell bent on doing what they can to make it one helluva evening. By the way, I lived in Dallas some 20 years and have been to the Granada many times; it is a fantastic venue - used to be a movie theater back in the day and is converted to a state of the art concert venue. It would be a fantastic place to film a DVD!! :D Here's the transcript. Feel free to e-mail Peter with any and all suggestions. I'm suggesting what Willy suggested as well as getting the word to the many music stores in the Dallas area as a lot of Frank Marino 'fans' are musicians as well. I feel if we bombard these folks with suggestions they may actually support the show. Any way read the following dialogue and respond! Let's do it folks, been way too long since Frank's been down south.

To: "Stephen Thornton" <stephen_thornton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: RE: Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:01:57 -0500

Stephen,

Thanks for the good words. We will be running ads in all of the Dallas papers. Any other ideas on how to reach the Frank Marino fan base?

Peter at Granada

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Thornton [mailto:stephen_thornton@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:05 PM
To: management@granadatheater.com
Subject: Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush

Hello. My name is Stephen Thornton from Austin. Just learned Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush are scheduled in October. This is great news. Several folks from Austin and I will be there. This e-mail is a request for a proactive marketing campaign on your part for this show. Frank Marino is one of if not the most dynamic guitar virtuosos alive. People know about Frank, and they will be there IF they know about it.
Advertise the show and it will sell out - guaranteed. Thank you for your consideration.
http://RockUFOrever.dotphoto.com

If This Is Love, I Want My Money Back

Rock and Rolls Gonna Save the World

Ain't Dead Yet

Russ
garyd
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by garyd »

hey russ,i'll be at the dallas show hope to see you there...your right it was 92' ft worth, a place called dallas alley i think...

TandV... I AM GOING TO EMAIL GRANADA TOO... BEEN CALLING THE BONE FOR WEEKS. EVEN SENT THEM EYE OF THE STORM CD.. ASSHOLES NEVER PLAY ANYTHING.
TrumpetsandViolins
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Hey there. The last time Frank played DFW was during the 'From the Hip' Tour'. He played at The Caravan of Dreams in Ft. Worth. This was around 92' - 93'. I'll never forget that night; I was snuck upstairs after the show by Franks drummer at the the time and spent at least an hour visiting with Frank and a very pregnant Denyse. It was their first child and I remember telling her I thought it would be a girl. Man, was I right. Frank was very gracious and made me feel like we were best buds. I'll never forget that. I've had a few e-mails back and forth with management at The Granada and it seems they are really fired up to make it an unforgetable night. I for one, am one lathered up mother fucker!! It's gonna be soooo sweet!
TrumpetsandViolins
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Hey there again. I figured we all could have a little fun here. This upcoming tour is 'FMMR 35th Anniversary Tour' so I'm guessing the playlist will be a collage of music spanning Frank's career. I would be willing to bet Frank and Co. will jam to these songs that may or may not have been played live much during his career:
1) Land of a Thousand Nights
2) Talking 'Bout a Feeling
3) Buddy
4) I'm Going Away
5) Finish Line
6) It's Begun to Rain (I will NOT be able to handle it if they do this one)
7) Look at Me
8) Requim for a Sinner
9) World Anthem (of course)
10) Freedom
11) Something from 'Full Circle'
12) Something from "From the Hip'
13) He's Calling (of course)
14) surprises galore

What'cha think??
basshead559
Band Aid
Band Aid

Post by basshead559 »

I swear, if he does "buddy" you will spot me easily, I'll be the one sobbing. Hell I'm tearing up just thinking about it. My favorite some of all time, not just by frank, but ever. Brings tears to my eyes every time. Live, it would be over with.
agora1
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by agora1 »

...just purchased my tickets for the Galaxy Theatre here in Southern California!! It's been such a long time coming...
Hope the new band is coming together.. Thanks, God Bless and see you in October.
ForeverFrank