Which show(s) are you attending? (2006)

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
stick
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

re: Which show(s) are you attending?

Post by stick »

Tickets are in hand as of last week....forgot what day now..........
jhopp
Ticket Scalper
Ticket Scalper

Post by jhopp »

I will be attending the Oct. 20th show in Aguora, CA.
I live in Phoenix, AZ....but my sister lives 10 miles from the Canyon Club so I will be attending the show with her. I recently just turned her on to Frank's music and she is very excited about the show. She has been battling cancer for awhile now, so this show is a nice reason to go visit and spend some time with her.
Wild Willy......if you are at the show I'd like to say hi. I believe you are a comedian and I use to own a club in Phoenix back in the 80s and early 90s....we might know alot of the same people. you may remember me as the artist of the King Who Stole the Universe illustrated story.
Hope to see you all at the Canyon Club. :headbanger
MUSICMAN
Frankster
Frankster

Post by MUSICMAN »

I already have tickets for the chicago show and I am trying to work it out for wisconsin. I cant wait !!!:headbanger
FrizzleFry
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by FrizzleFry »

Just finally booked a hotel room in Santa Cruz.Looking foward to meeting fellow Marinoheads.Its amazing also this event is bringing old friends together as wel; furthermore, some old friends are traveling from Tuscon ARIZ, and making it to the Canyon Club show and then driving up to Santa Cruz. Can't wAIT! :headbanger l :headbanger
toneshun
Groupie
Groupie

Post by toneshun »

for our VA/MD/DC region, it's either: all seating 'dinner club' OR all standing 'metal' venue ...

been to the first one when i see frank last yr., but just can't stand (no pun intended =-) the thought of seating and chowing down dinner again while frank ripping solos after solos with blazing fire! :mrgreen:

so i'm going to the latter for sure this time, even though i don't usually prefer the 'hardcore'/metal venues (just my preference, no offence to u guys that dig those scenes)

At least i got to be on my feet for 2+ hours (hopefully), grooving to the sound waves and yelling my lungs out on applaude/encore time :headbanger
rayzer59
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by rayzer59 »

Mobile.

Anybody from the forum going to that show besides farmanimal?

Maybe we could get rooms at the same motel.

:headbanger :headbanger
Gus
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Gus »

The one in Montreal!!! I know that it's not announced yet, but i'm sure that there'll be one...It's obvious...Dans notre chez nous, in our home!

I just phoned at one of my old friends and said to him:" Frank Marino just started his tour in the States yesterday, but i think he will be in Montreal, at least, for the Christmas time...Do you want to come with me??? And he said, screaming out on the phone:" SURE, of course that i'm your partner to see and hear the great Frank Marino... right there"....lol And i said:" At the minute it's announced, i call you back"! "Yeah Gus, we will be there"!!! :headbanger :headbanger :headbanger :headbanger :headbanger
FrontRowMike
Band Aid
Band Aid

Post by FrontRowMike »

I may be going to Chicago with a good friend of mine who hasn't seen Frank in years. I'm keeping my finger crossed that we can pull this trip off. Iroicly we are both from Montreal and just can't wait for a show here.
Ray Bowen
Frankster
Frankster

Post by Ray Bowen »

Sellersville and Annapolis.
Hope to see you there!

Ray & Carol
jguay
Frankster
Frankster

Post by jguay »

I'm kinda late getting in this thread - I saw Frank play at Jaxx this past Tuesday - Incredible show. 8)

To Toneshun : Actually Jaxx isn't really a "all standing 'metal' venue " - there are three bars surrounding the stage with some barstools, etc. I LOVE seeing shows at Jaxx because of it's intimate size, and a barstool can usually be had if someone doesn't want to stand for an entire show.

Cheers. :D