Circus Magazine Articles

News about Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush. Announcements only.
Forum rules
Announcements Only forum. Read Only Access for Registered Franksters.
Wild Willy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Circus Magazine Articles

Post by Wild Willy »

Here are some articles written about Frank Marino back in the late seventies, proving that critics are morons and perpetuate disrespect while flaunting there ignorance about the facts! :moon

Forum and Website Administrator
Wild Willy
Site Admin
Site Admin

re: Circus Magazine Articles

Post by Wild Willy »

Here is a letter I wrote to John Swenson...enjoy!

Dear John,

This isn't exactly a "Dear John" letter, but more like a "Dear Asshole" letter. You have spewed your dribble while masquerading as a music "aficionado" long enough. I don't even believe that you are a human being. What I do believe is that your mother was never pregnant, she was constipated.

Now that I have been cordial and sugar-coated my introduction, I hope that I have your attention. My angst refers to an article that you wrote for Circus Magazine back in April of 1978 regarding Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush. Yes, 1978, the year that your mother and millions of readers wished she wouldn't have washed down those burritos with motor oil, but that's a different story for a different time. You do know what a story is don't you?

Let's "criticize" your story, shall we? First of all, you entitled your farce "Frank Marino Robs Fresh Graves". What fresh graves would that be? Who died in 1977-78? Other than the many subscribers who paid to read your vomit?

You start your article with complete ignorance in the fact that you state Frank Marino is an "American Kid", he is from Canada, you know, the country you ran to when the war broke out. Also, Frank did nothing BUT listen to Rock and Roll back then when you were licking BTO's balls. Then you humiliate yourself by stating Frank never even heard of Jimi Hendrix and that he concluded that he was the reincarnation of Hendrix. Unless you were living under a rock or inside a pigs ass, you have heard about Hendrix. Maybe you didn't because of the latter, but Frank did. Also, it's kind of hard to rip-off choruses when you are a guitarist, choruses are vocals my moronic friend. The sailors lined up outside your sisters bedroom door chanting "hurry up in there" in unison would be considered a chorus. I now see why you probably used that analogy.

Also, I have never heard a "dance hall band" cover Hendrix tunes, but I've never participated in a "circle-jerk" either, but please enlighten me at a later date. Of course you don't have anything against necrophilia, how else would your sister get any action? You also spew out your obviously biased opinion that Johnny Winter can "play circles around Frank Marino" I concur that Johnny was great, but come on, "circles"? Johnny mastered one thing, blues and did it quite well as Frank even acknowledges, but Frank plays many different styles, but you wouldn't know that because you are an imbecile. Terry Kath was also great and Frank never did cover "I'm a Man" although I believe he did a blazing rendition of "John Swenson takes it up the ass"! I can send you a copy if they allow you to receive packages at the "old talent less critics home".

In conclusion, I do believe you reek of jealousy as well as shit because you have absolutely no talent other than to criticize those with it by hiding behind a typewriter. If you want to call yourself a "writer" and be respected, then do some fucking research before subjecting the readers to complete and utter ridiculousness. Go fuck yourself.

Love

Willy Parsons
Forum and Website Administrator
ZoSo
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by ZoSo »

Willy can sure bite hard... :shock: :lol:

Your letter gave me a few good laughs !

Peace man... :smootch
indy
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by indy »

WILLY 'S ON FIRE ... :headbanger WHO LET THE DOGS OUT LOL.UR THE MAN...
maddmarty
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by maddmarty »

WOW! You said it Willy!
:headbanger :headbanger :headbanger :headbanger
garyd
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by garyd »

WILLY YOUR SMOKING!!! AND I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING :clap
Kurt
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Kurt »

Reading that swenson article makes us all angry. Good on you Willy, for putting it right after all these years.
And the stories tell of bravery~yeah,
He was golden as the sun,
Well He fought for you and He fought for me~yeah,
And He died for everyone!
nvosmeier
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by nvosmeier »

I think you have shown considerable restraint Willie!
Gstring
The Big Goof!
The Big Goof!

Post by Gstring »

Oh My God!! LOL Willy I'm glad you went easy on him. :hairshocker :smootch :winky
Randy Spiker
SuperFrankster
SuperFrankster

Post by Randy Spiker »

Willy,
Does that guy still write for Circus Mag? I mean we're talkin 25 or so years ago and I would think that his skill for pissing people off would have surely gotten him fired or better yet, thrown into a dumpster by now!
Randy
Loud music doesn't cause hearing loss, commercial "wimp" music does and causes Brain Cramps as well